Date / Heure
14/05/2018 - 17/05/2018
00:00 - 00:00
47 rue Wiertz
From May 14-17th, the European Union will host its first ever People of African Descent (PAD) Week at the European Parliament.
PAD Week will consist of a series of events at the European Parliament (EP) featuring experts, activists, and policymakers to increase awareness of the estimated 15 million People of African Descent who make up the European Union’s Black European population. The 4-day event will also focus on solutions to address increasing reports of racial discrimination and violence throughout Europe.
PAD Week events will begin Monday, May 14 with a hearing featuring leadership from European Union institutions and African descent policymakers and civil society from across Europe. May 15 and 16 will feature roundtable policy discussions on how European justice, education, and migration systems impact African Descent populations in Europe. The week will culminate with a Forum to discuss policies, programs, and other strategies EU institutions, Member States, civil society, and the private sector can engage in to ensure the full participation and equal treatment of and opportunity for African descent populations in Europe.
Pad Week is a joint initiative of the European Parliament Anti-Racism and Diversity Intergroup (ARDI), Transatlantic Minority Political Leadership Conference (TMPLC), Each One Teach One (EOTO), and the European Network Against Racism (ENAR).
Monday, May 14
– 16:00 Hearing People of African Descent in Europe
– 19:00 Reception Celebrating the history & contributions of People of African Descent in Europe
Tuesday, May 15
– 9:00 Roundtable Black Lives Europe
– 15:30 Roundtable Educating Europe
– 18:00 Reception at Google
Wednesday, May 16
– 9:00 Roundtable Destination Europe
– 15:00 Forum Towards an EU Framework Strategy for the Inclusion of People of African Descent
– 18:00 Reception Closing Event for People of African Descent (PAD) Week
Tarif: entrée libre